Janathon

Janathon

Sunday 23 January 2011

advice well heeded...

Have been feeling pretty mixed about exercise, when it goes well it is the best thing ever, when you pick up an injury it sucks.  Last weekend I strained my achilles tendon, which meant any kind of running was off limits, I physically couldn't do it.  I was forced to rest, something that more knowledgeable people had told me I should be doing anyway. I didn't exactly follow their advice, I just did different exercise, used the swiss ball for some core exercise, used some light weights for some strength training, and evening did a bit of yoga to stretch and relax my muscles.  I tentatively went out for a run this afternoon, a later time than normal, after making sure I properly warmed up and went for it.  I can honestly say it was the best run I have ever done!  I ran 10 miles (further that I have ever even tried) at a steady pace, and just felt that I could run forever, this must be why people love it so much.  So, to those who told me to rest, and that I'll have a better run if I did, I'll allow you one "I told you so!"

1 comment: