Janathon

Janathon

Sunday 30 January 2011

Brass monkeys!

The penultimate day, and I was determined to go out and prove to myself just how much I have achieved over the course of this challenge.  Before Janathon, exercise was restricted usually to gym sessions and the occasional run.  My first few runs were arduous and my times were rubbish, now I have learnt to relax when I run, that it takes a couple of miles to get into a rhythm where I am warmed up and then I enjoy it. I feel fitter, I've been told I look fitter too. Today I took a leisurely 10 mile run, and I beat last week's time by 5 minutes.  When I say leisurely, it wasn't really, it was hard work, but I kept reminding myself to relax, straighten up my posture when I could feel my steps getting heavy, and then the run became easier.  My i-pod shuffle has kept me going too, I tried some of the audiofuel routines, and they were really great at helping me get into a sustainable pace.  It's been a great experience butI shall be glad to get my life back to normal!

1 comment: